How To Get A Card
HOW TO APPLY
- a physician written certification form
- a signed application form
- a $300 fee (check made payable to the Illinois Department of Public Health)
- a 2” x 2” passport-sized photo
- a copy of a valid government-issued photo ID
- two items showing proof of residency
- a fingerprint consent form and receipt containing the Transaction Control Number
- designated caregiver information (if applicable)
- and an excluded offense waiver (if applicable)
** Veterans and those on SSI, SSDI or Disability qualify for a reduced fee of $150** (must submit a Benefit Verification letter that can be provided by SSA)
Healthway Services is a medical cannabis provider under the Illinois Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act. Our dedicated team of patient services coordinators are available when you need us to provide answers and connect you to the help you need. Our services are completely confidential.
OBTAIN A CERTIFICATION FROM YOUR PHYSICIAN
Have your physician certify that you are diagnosed with and are currently undergoing treatment for one or more qualifying medical condition(s). Download the Physician Written Certification form here.
Proof of age and identity
- A clear color copy of and Illinois Driver’s License, State ID, or the photograph page of a US passport.
Proof of ResidencyIf your Driver’s License or State ID address matches your application submit one additional proof of residency. If you submit a US Passport as your proof of identity or your Driver’s License or State ID address does not match the address on your application, submit two of the following:
- Pay stub or electronic deposit receipt issued less than 60 days prior to the date of application that shows evidence of the applicant’s withholding for state income tax
- Valid Voter Registration card
- Deed/title, mortgage, rental/lease agreement
- Insurance policy (homeowner’s or renter’s)
- Medical claim or statement of benefits (from private insurance company or government agency), dated less than 90 days prior to application; Social Security Disability Insurance Statement; or Supplemental Security Income Benefits States.
- Tuition invoice/official mail from college or university, dated 12 months prior to application
- Utility bill, including, but not limited to, those for electric, water, refuse, telephone land-line, cable or gas, issued less than 60 days prior to application
- Notarized homeless status certification. If you are using this form, you only need this document to prove residency
Include in your application a check made payable to the Illinois Department of Public Health
Veterans and those on SSI, SSDI or Disability qualify for a reduced fee of $150. Those that qualify must submit a Benefit Verification letter that can be provided by SSA.
The registry ID card will be mailed to the certified patient after the application is approved.
You may submit your completed application and all required documents and fees via mail to the address below or simply register online through the State of Illinois Medical Cannabis Pilot Program eLicense System.
The state typically takes 30 - 45 days to process an application and send approved patients their id card. You can check the status of your application by contacting the Division of Medical Cannabis at 855-636-3688 or DPH.MedicalCannabis@Illinois.gov.
Mail the application and required documents to:
Illinois Department of Public Health Division of Medical Cannabis
535 West Jefferson Street
Springfield, Illinois 62761-0001